07/02/2013

Post-Banned Wind-Up

Nope, the ban's not out. I think I will use this kind of posts to expose my thoughts about the banlist: single talks.
Supposing that WU is being hit by the banlist, what could it be? What would WU-Players gameplay change into?

Magician limited
If this were to happen, I think WUs would change to a more control build, with Rabbits being searchable via Tenki that would search bear and gorilla too for extra field control. Rabbits would plus with Factory every turn, and possibily go into Diamond Dire Wolf keeping that Rabbit on the field for free destruction every turn. While the banlist will be effective starting March 1st, Hidden Arsenal will be out in April, letting TCG-players using their Emerals to recycle Wolf and such, and probably a new little loop will appear.
The best things to do would be either the Dire+Rabbit or Shock Master, as always.
Magician+Shark will now result into:
NS Magician, SS Shark, SS Rabbit via Magician, Shark+Magician=Dire Wolf
OR
NS Magician, SS Shark, SS LV4 via Magician, go into Shock Master with a -1
OR
NS Magician, SS Shark, SS Rabbit, banish Magician, Shark at 3, Rabbit+Shark into Zenmaity, SS Rat via zenmaity, SS Rabbit via Rat, banish Rat via rabbit, when needed, or do it during your opponent End Phase. Next turn you'll have Rat and magician for sure, maybe even zenmaity and rabbit.
Or something else I can't really think about, because I'm not a WU player, and I don't really care, I would go for Control builds, and thus those three, random summoning to go into a R5 or 3, or at the best a combo that wouldn't minus you that summons Shock Master, are good enough.

Factory Limited/Semi-limited
Not much to say about this, it'll let your search power down, you'll play 3 magician if you weren't already, and go for the usual Magician-Shark combo.
If anything, this could change the number of Rabbits in the deck, or, at least, prevent the addition of other rabbits in form of tenkis.
I wouldn't like this since it would make that deck just more luck-based than it already is.
However, this is probably the more likely to happen since it would be pretty much the same than Black Whirlwind.

Hits on Shark/Rat/Rabbit
I don't think this is likely to happen, but still it reserves a mention. Shark could be limited, but I can't see that being that dangerous to the deck, just decreasing the probabilities of drawing into it first turn.
Rat, not that it makes that much of a difference, the only thing that would hit the loop by hitting this is the ban, but it just doesn't reserve this. I really can't see this being hit, but some do, saying that it would hit the grind plays of the deck, I don't think so.
Rabbit, nah, some think it will be hit, but I don't think so, neither I want it to, since it'll quite hurt my Chain Beat, even if we are getting Thunderbirds in April and thus I'd be able to replace it.

Torrential at 3
I don't know how many would play this in 3 copies, but it's sooo good against WUs that it would give it quite the hit. They stop Spells? Set torrential and lance, summon a TK or something like that. Good.
They go second? Set Torrential+other Backrows and possibly SJ/Starlight.


I expect WUs to be hit, mainly factory or magician, giving more space to new decks from HA7 so that they cna sell it properly.

That's All, Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment