15/01/2013

Collasso Dimensionale: CollapseWyburster Monarch (aka. Chaos Pet Monarch)


Monsters: [28]
3 Battle Fader
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
3 Caius the Shadow Monarch
1 Chaos Sorcerer
3 Dark-Winged Dragon Collapserpent
3 Cyber Valley
3 Dimensional Alchemist
2 Effect Veiler
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Jinzo
1 Plaguespreader Zombie
1 Raiza the Storm Monarch
1 Tragoedia
1 Vanity's Fiend
3 Bright-White Dragon Wyburster

Spells: [9]
1 Book of Moon
2 Chaos Zone
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Soul Exchange

Traps: [3]
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Mirror Force


The extra is quite random, I'd want to play some LV8 Synchros, too, because I'd want to side Trap Eater (more on this later), and Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, because I'd want to side or even main Cyber Dragon.
The deck itself is kinda great, I envy OCG players for having those two great monsters and we'll have to wait quite some time. Basically, Collapserpent and Wyburster are younger version of Lightpulsar and Darkflare (not for a matter of effects, but of artwork and being "coupled" like these two) (this is the reason for the alternate, and my favourite, name for the deck, "pet" because they're younger). They can summon themself by banishing one of the opposite attribute (Wyburster banishes a DARK and Collapserpent banished a LIGHT), and IF sent to the grave from the field, you can add the other one from the deck. If...you can means they never miss the timing, and thus making them great Synchro or Tribute fodder. My main idea was making a LV8 Synchro-reliant build, with Summoner Monk and Vylon Prism and such, since LV8 Synchros are great. However, building it, I noticed it was completely inconsistent, because it would have had way too many dead draws. I thought a little more about it and I realized that going into a monarch build would have been awesome, because caius was DARK, Veiler was LIGHT and such. I looked into ALL of my monarch builds, even older ones (I found even perfect circle monarch among them, LOL), to gather some more ideas, and I finally found "Dimensional Monarch". It used Fader as main tribute fodder, while cyber valley was the second favorite tribute fodder and even recycling and stalling source while being even the main source of draw power of the deck (I didn't like allure and I still don't in this deck) while Dimensional Alchemist recycled all of those things, and at the same time was a beatstick and eventually tribute fodder.
Right now, with the build revamped quite a lot, the deck is consistent, way too consistent than lots of other things or so-called tier2 decks. A starting hand consisting of one of Battle Fader, Cyber Valley or Dimensional Alchemist is a good starting hand, expecially if you mill well with Alchemist.
Having one DARK or LIGHT in the grave, allows for a chain of dragons basically endless. Have, for example, veiler in the grave. Summon Collapserpent (that, btw, is my favourite because of the pun I love), tribute him, get Wyburster and summon him banishing Collapse so that when Wyburster is destroyed, you'll have once again a banish fodder in the grave and so on.

Let's see the cards one at time:
Fader, tribute fodder and attack blocker, alchemist recyclable.
BLS, great, 'nuff said.
Caius, best monarch ever.
Chaos Sorcerer, same of BLS.
Collapserpent and Wyburster are the main engine.
Valley is draw power, tribute fodder and stalling card.
Dimensional Alchemist, great, recycles anything, has a good body, triggers chaos zone, and is LIGHT.
Veiler, LV1 for Chaos Zone searching effect, good card itself, and LIGHT.
Gorz, good against OTKs and such, and is DARK.
Jinzo, good "monarch", to allow OTKs and go into control on the opponent. In one game I drew into all 3 of my traps and this one alongside fader. I used everything not worrying about my set traps, and after they destroyed my jinzo, I activated my traps one after another totally scaring the opponent and making him thinking my deck had quite some traps, and thus setting MSTs was pretty good and useful and he didn't see that Gorz coming.
Plague, not sure about this one, however DARK tuner recyclable that lets you go into Volcan, the new LV6 Synchro. Tribute fodder too.
Raiza, good monarch, I was thinking of playing another one in place of Plague or something else.
Tragoedia, you usually have large hands, and that's good. What's more, DARK.
Vanity's Fiend, lets you go into control on the opponent if he has a Special Summoning heavy deck, and if well played, this card can sit onto the field for quite some time.
Book of Moon, good card.
Chaos Zone, good card, sometimes it has lots of counters that it can search you a caius, and you can use it to revive anything. What's more, it's the only card in the main that you have to counter those Macro decks, Heavy and MST apart.
Staples everywhere.
Soul Exchange, teched at 1, I feel that one is good enough, because more would make you skip your BP too many times. Great against Dolkka and for when you fear a set monster.
Staples for the traps.

I used Lightray Sorcerer (1 copy), but later on I took him out because I didn't really feel the need for him, and was quite hard to summon mid game, and late game he wasn't needed.

About Trap Eater, I'd like to side him for those Macro Decks, mainly, and then going into Stardust, Scrap or such. That's always a great thing, isn't it? Either Eater or Warnings to stop starlights, macro and regular summons.

Well, that was it, try the deck out because it really works wonders.
See Ya

Usual Trivia: "Collasso Dimensionale" means "Dimensional Collapse", referred to Collapserpent and Dimensional Alchemist, other than the banishing ability of the deck.

4 comments:

  1. Hey there, hope u are reading this :D

    Are u sure, that Ebony and Ivory wont miss their Timing, when u tribute summon/sync them?
    Cause i'm a bit confused with this ruling, as the last thing happen isn't that they are sent to grave, it's the summon of the new Monster.
    And if u can activate their effect in those cases, why shouldn't a dupe frog get his effect?
    Just because of the double dot? (":")

    Sorry, for bad english :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not the ":" that's working for this, it is the "if...you can" clause.
      Read here.
      Basically, a Mandatory effect never misses timing, as you know. An option effect that uses "When...you can", for example "Peten the Dark Clown", can miss the timing, while an optional effect with "If...you can", like "Wind-Up Factory" and our own Ebony and Ivory, never miss the timing, and they activate at the same way of the Mandatory effects, only that it lets you chose whether to use it or not.

      Hope I was clear. For more things about missing the timing and chains, along with SEGOC, read the post I linked you before. It was quite some time ago, so my english at that time was quite bad, and I probably used "lose" instead of "miss" for the timing, bear with it.

      Delete
  2. Since the cards have finally been released along with some extra monarch support, do you have any changes you might see fit?

    Also, have you ever considered this card called Illusory Snatcher? It can be searched with the new Molding of the Monarchs card and can do some fancy tricks with Delg and Kuraz since they don't need to be Tribute summoned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the little I'm following the packs and random updates, I was thinking of a build. Luckily, Zach Buckley from TCGPlayer built the list pretty much as I would have if I had time to. Go read it here: [ http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=3379 ]

      Delete