08/01/2013

Catene Maligne: Accumulated Chain Beat (TCG)


Monsters: [7]
1 Night Assailant
1 Sangan
2 Tour Guide from the Underworld
3 Wind-Up Rabbit

Spells: [4]
1 Dark Hole
1 Forbidden Chalice
2 Pot of Duality

Traps: [29]
3 Accumulated Fortune
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Compulsory Escape Device
3 Compulsory Evacuation Device
3 Dimensional Prison
2 Jar of Greed
3 Legacy of Yata
2 Macro Cosmos
2 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
2 Starlight Road
2 Torrential Tribute

Extra is one of the worst I've ever built, considering I forgot Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, too, lol. Only things you REALLY need for the extra are Zenmaity and 2 Stardusts, the rest is extra things, if you've got some zenmaines, Giga-Brilliant and other R3s, play them.
For the main itself, consider first that I promised lots of people to post this deck, and this day was the deadline, so I forced my way in against some important tasks I had to do (luckily, this morning I didn't go to school, and that helped me alot) to have some free time to write this. Said this, let's explain the deck as it is, first:
Chain Beat, uses immortal Wind-Up Rabbits (when OCG-built, at least 2 thunderbirds are needed since you can even go into Ophion, and they avoid everything just like Rabbit but with a bigger body, the only thing they fear that rabbits don't are beaters summoned without using any effects, but if you've got a random chainable card, you're fine) to beat the opponent, while back-upping and handling your opponent's resources with the tons of traps you've got. You totally don't fear traps, Judgment and Warning aside.
In this build I implemented Accumulated Fortunes and Legacy of Yata with Jar of Greed to increase the draw power, since this is budget build with no Cardcar Ds.

This was basically the deck itself, let's see them cards, now:
Tour Engine, believe it or not, this engine here really has its meaning. Zenmaity is R3, and the earlier you have rabbit on the field, the better it is. Both Sangan and Night Assailant are great here, not only as tour targets, but even on their own. Search power for Rabbit is needed, and Assailant can work as additional destructive power. Most of the times I start with Tour, I summon Assailant, because having the possibility to summon another R3 is awesome in here, having finally a big beater.
Rabbits, no need to explain, right?
Dark Hole, additional destruction that doesn't affect your rabbits.
Forbidden Chalice, testing them, not pretty sure, though. Basically, they help you dealing with nasty effects like Shock Ruler's or others. I was thinking of Gorz in place of this, more explanations later.
Pot of Duality, I SS little to nothing, so it's totally ok.
Accumulated Fortunes, if you didn't notice one little thing, you should now think I'm crazy, even with all of those chainable traps. Rabbit's effect is chainable and creates great chains. Think that 3 Rabbits alone trigger Accumulated, great, isn't it? Chainable +1 that could become +2 on your opponent's MST.
BTH, monster removal, enough said. Improves our bad match-up against Dark Worlds.
Compulsory Escape Device, use this, target one rabbit, then chain rabbit's effect. You minused, your opponent did, too, but he lost important resources. What's more, that's 2 chain links, even a random MST could trigger your Accumulated.
Compulsory Evacuation Device, easier, but it's a -1 on you, if it isn't on a Fusion/Synchro/XYZ. More on the two CEDs later.
Prison, improves once again our DW match-up, kind of helps against mermails if your opponent is foolish enough, and is monster removal.
Jar of Greed, +1 on opponent's MSTs, generates long chains, and replaces itself while putting pressure on the opponent because you've got lots of face-downs.
Legacy of Yata Garasu, same as before. The only better thing it has when compared to Jar of Greed is that it is a +1 if your opponent has tsukuyomi or kinka-byo. If you want to build this IRL but you haven't got the third Legacy, replace it with Jar, it's ok.
Macro Cosmos, improves our bad match-up against DWs and Mermails.
Mirror Force, mass monster removal, nuff said.
Solemn Trio, massive negation effects, even though the cost is pretty high for this deck.
Starlight Road, this deck sets really alot, and not always all of the cards are chainable, so this is great, providing you a beatstick, too. Be aware of MSTs, if you encounter an experienced player, he could keep them (because if he is a good player he won't blind MST your face-downs, because most are chainable) and use them on his own Heavy Storm to stop Stardust's Summon via Starlight.
Torrential Tribute, mass monster removal, great one.

Ok, now let's check the missing cards:
Typhoons and Heavy, we don't fear set cards, and Heavy would backfire.
Gorz, I'm thinking to implement this. When I'm without cards, I'm losing, except for banished rabbits. If I've got something on the field, it surely has a way to get out of the field, if it hasn't, it is something triggerable via an attack, probably, and you should be okay if you've got that face-down.
Lava Golem, I was playing this, before, but I took it out because I needed to use other monster removal on that, but that isn't totally bad. I'm siding them.
Trap Hands, I don't really need more draw power via Maxx "C", and if I needed Veilers I would rather use more Chalices. I don't fear first turn comboes, so hand traps aren't really needed, and settable cards put lot of pressure on the opponent, and have easier ways to create chains.
CEDs combinations: Actually there are 2 Escape and 3 Evacuation, but I tested lots of ways before. I'd like 3 Escapes, but I think that a total of 6 would be way too much, and the main thing that prevents me from doing so is that it is a potential dead draw. However, it improves DW match-ups, and having Rabbit on the field isn't difficult at all, I could try 3 Escapes and 2 Evacuations.
Some mainable big or decent beater that works well with the entire deck, I was thinking of Winged Rhynos. Basically it is a Rabbit that works only with traps and eats your normal summon pretty much every turn. However, it takes quite some Warnings that would go to Rabbits, has a decent body (1800 ATK) and triggers Torrentials like a boss.
For the beater issue, I'm thinking of playing Orichalcos. TBH, I'm pretty sure I'll put it in, in the end. Makes rabbit a 1900, and with two rabbits your opponent won't be able to attack you at all. The inability to attack, however, could damage you, because you can't use some of your monster removal, but I think that's ok since you can just banish one of the rabbits and let the magic happen.
Shard of Greed, some more draw power. Deck is slow. Sadly, it draws all of the opponent's MSTs, so they will have less Half Dead Draws (when a card isn't totally unuseful, but still is worth be sided out if you don't fear other continuous cards).
Chain Strike, teched. More as a Game Finisher

Well, this was it. The deck's great, I'm planning on building it IRL.
That's All Folks!

Usual Trivia: "Catene Maligne" means "Malefic Chains", referring to the chains the deck will create and how they will influence the game (badly for the opponent).

2 comments:

  1. I've decided I would like you to write about Infernity, particularly the different builds (Avenger, Beetle, no tuners, etc(?)), and their different playstyles and whatnot? That sound ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it totally is. Ok, I'll do some more researchs, that'll be the topic. Looking forward to it.

      Delete